Purpose of the Scheme
- That wind turbines produced for sale, comply with the technical requirements for type certification of wind turbines. The manufacturer/supplier is responsible for ensuring that the wind turbine is approved before commencement of operation.
- That wind turbines and wind farms comply with the technical provisions for type and project certification of wind turbines, refurbishment, and relocation, etc.
- That the developer/owner is responsible for ensuring that wind turbines are project approved within 3 months after commissioning, regardless whether the location is on land or at sea.
- That wind turbines that are used for testing or demonstration comply with the technical provisions for setting up turbines for testing and demonstration. The owner of the wind turbine is responsible for ensuring that the wind turbine has a valid test turbine approval throughout the duration of the test period.
- That erected wind turbines comply with the technical provisions for maintenance and service. Wind turbine owners are responsible for ensuring that the by manufacturer defined specifications regarding maintenance and service are complied with.
See the following illustration (in Danish):